Astral projection (or astral travel) is an out-of-body experience achieved either awake or while lucid dreaming or undergoing deep meditation. People who say they experience astral projection often say that their spirit or astral body has left their physical body and moves in another dimension known as the spirit world or astral plane. The concept of astral projection has been around and practiced for thousands of years, dating back to ancient China. Everyone can have an out-of-body experience. The mind has abilities that go beyond the five senses of the physical world. The petal of the flower that we pick in the material world has a specific vibration, just as all creatures in this world also vibrate at their own frequency.Here are some tips to help you progress faster on your path toward learning how to travel to the astral plane:
- The first thing you need to understand and accept is that it is a completely natural state of being. Although the idea of having an out of body experience may seem extraordinary or somewhat weird, astral projection has been around for thousands of years and is practiced by countless cultures. So begin by unlocking your mind. Let go of all negative beliefs and let go of all doubt and fears.
- Find a quite time and place. Most people will use the time before bed, although this can present its own distractions, many people get into such a profound state of relaxation that they slip into an out of body experience without knowing it. Later, they will confuse the experience with a lucid dream!
- Remove any jewelry. It is of the utmost importance to remove any jewelry and/or protruding objects from your body if you intend on having an astral projection. Your body may move about erratically during the experience and you do not want to risk injury to yourself or others.
- Lay down and tell yourself that you are going to completely silence your body and mind. Then release all tensions within. This technique takes time to perfect but the effects of mastering the state of deep relaxation can bring other wonderful joys into your life beyond astral projection. So try to get good at it.
- Slowly begin to focus on your breathing, focus on the sound of your breathing and allow the solitude of this quite time to become the ignition switch that starts you on your journey. If any outside thoughts pop into your head simply return your attention to focusing on your breathing and start again. Make this an enjoyable time and do not consciously force your body to relax. Just let it happen.
- Once you are in complete relaxation you may begin to experience pre-astral projection sensations. Some of these include difficulty breathing, rapid heart rate, strong tinglings in the hands and fingers, and strong vibrations all of over your body that make you feel as if you yourself are a beacon of energy emitting crackling and buzzing sounds. If you experience any of these you are close to projecting!
- Imagine that you are separate from your own body, and when laying inside your body-shell imagine that your physical body is vibrating very slowly, and your astral body is vibrating at a slightly faster rate. Imagine that you can both hear and feel vibrations throughout your astral body as if you were a large tuning fork tuned to the vibrations of the universe. Next, imagine that the vibrations of your astral body start increasing in pitch gradually, getting higher and higher. As the pitch continues higher, the two different tones then go out of sync and a certain resonance that you sense starts to get stronger and stronger. Repeat this exercise several times. This simple exercise is often enough to actually produce the vibrations which create the separation and allow the projection that you seek.
Astral projection is closely associated with lucid dreaming. If you want to enhance or improve your astral projection experiences, you should practice lucid dreaming.